Field Service Engineer (all genders)
- SLM Solutions Na, Inc.
- Published: 08.02.2024
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) plan and 4% match
- Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave (maternity and paternity)
- Gym reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid disability coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
Nikon SLM Solutions AG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship or Green Card is required.
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Nikon SLM Solutions AG Field Service Engineers provide support to internal and external customers by applying their knowledge and experience with SLM Solutions machines. This position is primarily focused on field installation and field service, and the successful candidate will be responsible for installation of complete systems at customer locations primarily in the Grand Prairie, TX and Southwest US region, when needed, throughout the Americas. Machine installation includes mechanical set-up, electrical hook-up, precision alignment, and establishing customer network interfaces.
In addition, the Field Service Engineer will:
- Provide technical support for SLM Solutions installed machines for electrical, mechanical, cooling, and gas systems to allow machines to operate at their optimal efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with customer personnel to ensure successful installation and start-up.
- Engage, teach, and train customer personnel on level 1 system use for SLM Solutions equipment and peripheral machines.
- Attend, and schedule when required, meetings with customers to discuss installation or repair status and timing.
- Communicate the installation or repair status frequently to the customer and the Service Manager.
- Work closely with the Service Manager to ensure customers are served with excellence.
This role is most effective at customers’ sites, which will primarily be in the Grand Prairie, TX and Southwest US region; however, national and international travel will be required on occasion.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Automation Technology or equivalent experience.
- Practical, hands-on mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience with industrial equipment.
- Computer hardware/software set-up experience.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Experience with 3D printing technology preferred, specifically, Metal Laser Powder Bed Fusion.
- Hands-on experience with automation systems in manufacturing plants.
- CAD software experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally if requested.
- Ability to work independently and cope with pressure
YOUR NEW WORKPLACE:We offer you a versatile and responsible scope of duties in a global business. You can expect colleagues on an equal footing, flat hierarchies, a strong team spirit and a "can do" working atmosphere.
We like to describe ourselves as a company with a start-up atmosphere, because with us you get the best of both worlds: a dynamic, future-oriented work environment with the advantages of a corporation.
We are a company of diversity, tolerance and openness. That is why we want people of all ages and disabilities, religions, sexual orientations and identities, ethnic origins, nationalities and genders to find their employer in us.
Do you want to change the future of additive manufacturing and become part of our success story?
WHO WE ARE:Nikon SLM Solutions AG is one of the world's leading companies in additive manufacturing. Our Selective Laser Melting machines enable the fast, reliable and cost-effective production of high-quality metal components. With our more than 600 employees from over 25 nations, we are revolutionizing additive manufacturing and are a partner at eye level for our renowned customers, e.g. from the aerospace industry, the energy sector, healthcare or the automotive sector.
Nikon SLM Solutions Group AG is headquartered in Lübeck, Germany, with offices in China, France, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:Apply directly via our online application tool. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications by e-mail.
We look forward to your application.
You have any further questions? Please feel free to contact us.
Your HR Recruiting Team
Nikon SLM Solutions AG
- Raymond Brown
- HR Manager