Sales Director Italy & South East Europe (m/f/d)
- A versatile and responsible field of activity in a fast growing and international company
- A future-proof job with the innovation leader in the AM market
- Work with a great team, the coolest L-PBF technologies and top-notch companies
- Short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies
- Modern structures and state-of-the-art technology
- This position is homeoffice based
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Due to a change in our sales organisation, we are looking for a Sales Director Italy & South East Europe. This position represents a great opportunity to become part of an international growing team and take responsibility for developing our business and generate sales in the defined territory. You will lead a team consisting of a regional sales manager and an application engineer. Are you going to help to drive our growth and demonstrate industry leadership in the Metal Additive Manufacturing market?
The Sales Director reports to the VP Sales EMEA and works closely with Application Support, Inside Sales and Customer Service.
- Define your territory sales plan and execute your key actions to achieve defined sales objectives for the territory
- Deliver the set sales objectives for the territory
- Develop and engage new prospective customers in aerospace, automotive, energy, medical and general industry markets
- Account management of defined strategic accounts to win new business and grow our base
- Manage the development of the sales pipeline and support and coach the regional sales and our sales partner(s) that perform ongoing coverage of the target markets
- Present our company and our solutions to prospective customers
- Act as a consultant to potential customers with regards to our solutions and best fit for defined applications
- Follow up and qualify leads and conduct visits to existing and prospective customers
- Manage strategic sales projects, sometimes in cooperation with channel partners and/or business development team
- Invite prospective customers to SLM Application Centre for product demonstrations and customer workshops
- Develop and maintain a (prospective) customer database using the company CRM system
- Manage your sales funnel, provide periodical forecasts and sales reports
- Participate in trade shows, exhibits and conferences
- Contribute to market research and market analysis, including competitive strategic analysis
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering and/or business with technical acumen
- 5+ years of sales experience selling solutions and/or high technology capital goods to manufacturing companies
- Ability to apply a solution sales approach that translates features into customer benefits
- Sales management skills or talent to effectively coach and manage a (small) team and our sales partners
- Professional experience in the field of additive manufacturing is highly beneficial
- Quickly build trusted relationships with prospects and customers
- Effective, convincing communicator and fair negotiator
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to proficiently manage sales project complexities
- Experience developing and delivering professional sales presentations
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and business correspondence
- Independent and structured way of working
- People’ person with open, ‘can do’ attitude and hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English and Italian in writing and speaking
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally
YOUR NEW WORKPLACE:We offer you a versatile and responsible scope of duties in a global business. You can expect colleagues on an equal footing, flat hierarchies, a strong team spirit and a "can do" working atmosphere.
We like to describe ourselves as a company with a start-up atmosphere, because with us you get the best of both worlds: a dynamic, future-oriented work environment with the advantages of a corporation.
We are a company of diversity, tolerance and openness. That is why we want people of all ages and disabilities, religions, sexual orientations and identities, ethnic origins, nationalities and genders to find their employer in us.
Do you want to change the future of additive manufacturing and become part of our success story?
WHO WE ARE:SLM Solutions Group AG is one of the world's leading companies in additive manufacturing. Our Selective Laser Melting machines enable the fast, reliable and cost-effective production of high-quality metal components. With our more than 600 employees from over 25 nations, we are revolutionizing additive manufacturing and are a partner at eye level for our renowned customers, e.g. from the aerospace industry, the energy sector, healthcare or the automotive sector.
SLM Solutions Group AG is headquartered in Lübeck, Germany, with offices in China, France, India, Italy, Singapore and the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:Apply directly via our online application tool. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications by e-mail.
We look forward to your application.
You have any further questions? Please feel free to contact us.
Your HR Recruiting Team
SLM Solutions Group AG
- Inken Schmidt
- Talent Acquisition Specialist